Avoiding a Social Media Mess ™ - Internal Auditing Social Media
Mismanaging business processes that support social media can lead to significant risk and/or reputation damage. Anyone remember the time Google almost lost its domain name (google.com) because they allowed it to expire? Yeah, me too.
Reputations can be made or broken with the click of a mouse on social media. Managing an organization’s reputation risks can be frustrating. Auditors must review social media management controls.
By the end of this session, you should be able to understand operational risks, processes and controls surrounding:
- Managing your reputation
- Protecting your virtual real estate
- Controlling you content
- Engaging with your audience
- Identify social media business process risks
- Recognize good social media business controls
- Build process to protect your social media functions
Who Should Attend
- Internal Auditors of any level
- Compliance professionals
- Managers and key control employees who review and approve business transactions
This session is available in 2 or 4 hour increments. Below is the program/course outline. Bear in mind that the level of depth and detail for each topic area varies depending on the total program duration.
Field of Study
- Information Technology
- What is social media and how does it work?
- How is your reputation at risk?
- Can you protect and defend your virtual real estate?
- Is your content crushing your brand?
- Is your engagement well controlled?