Ask, Get, Perform - The Art of Asking Questions While Auditing ™
Curiosity is the cornerstone of internal auditing. Curiosity requires auditors to ask a lot of
questions. But continuously questioning clients is difficult. And we don't learn the art of asking in school.
In this session we'll discuss why asking questions is so difficult, common barriers to asking quality questions and time tested techniques to improve the quality of your questioning abilities.
- Explore the power of questions
- Identify the barriers to good questions
- Explore the communication cycle
- Discover the evolution of auditors
- Build better quality questions
Who Should Attend
- Internal Auditors of any level
- Compliance professionals
- CPAs and Chartered Accountants
This program is available in 4, 8 and 16 hour increments.
Below is the program/course outline.
Bear in mind that the level of depth and detail for each topic area varies depending on the total program duration.
- The power of questions
- Barriers to good questions
- 5 Critical elements of quality questions
- The communication cycle
- The evolution of auditors
- Personalities to ponder
- Gain confidence to be competent
- The kind questions you ask count
- Clarity and Context are Key
- Questions for effective audit issues
Field of Study
- Audit and Assurance