Assertiveness for Auditors
Auditors often feel intimidated by clients.
Some avoid conflict to keep clients content.
While others are so passive, audit projects suffer.
Expressing yourself assertively is difficult. For auditors, it can be the difference between a productive career and failure. Assertive communicators express themselves freely and get things done.
In this session, we will discuss various communication styles, the psychology behind communication techniques, how to handle your emotions, and how to use assertive communications to get stuff done.
- Explore the difference between communication styles
- Identify assertive communication techniques
- Discover how to assertively ask for what you want, disagree with others and give praise
- Build a plan to communicate assertively with audit clients
Who Should Attend
- Internal Auditors of any level
- Compliance professionals
- CPAs and Chartered Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners
This session is available in 4, 8 or 12 hour increments. Below is the program/course outline. Bear in mind that the level of depth and detail for each topic area varies depending on the total program duration.
Field of Study
- Auditing (Governmental)
- Specialized Knowledge
Course Additional Information
- What is assertive behavior?
- How assertiveness differs from other behaviors and how it helps
- Managing emotions
- How to ask for what you want
- How to deliver your praise to get maximum results
- How to disagree without being disagreeable