Interpersonal Skills for Internal Auditors
How we interact and communicate with others determines how healthy our relationships will be with audit clients. The ability to get along with others is often just as important as a person's ability to do the job. Unfortunately, effective communication is not a skill that we are born with. But, it can be developed.
It is in every auditor’s best interest to develop decent interpersonal skills.
In this session, we’ll
- Learn about various communication styles
- Create a positive work environment through improved awareness of personality styles
- Improve their self-awareness when communicating with colleagues and clients.
- Appreciate how our style affects specific situations
- Learn how to adapt our behavior to different communication scenarios
- Build rapport, persuade and influence with a focused communication approach.
- Recognize various communication styles
- Identify our communication personality style
- Discover how to adapt our behavior to others communication style
- Build rapport, persuade and influence
Who Should Attend
- Auditors of any level
- Compliance professionals
- CPAs and Chartered Accountants
- Executives, managers and key control employees who review and approve business transactions
This session is available in 4 or 8 hour increments. Below is the program/course outline. The level of depth and detail for each topic area varies depending on the total program duration.
Field of Study
- Personal Development
Attitude is Everything - Learning how our attitude affects our behavior and the impact this has on people around us.
Exploring the theory of Transactional Analysis and how it impacts communications.
It's All About the Ego
A review of egos, how they work and methods to identify verbal and non-verbal clues of the different ego types. Participants will also take a questionnaire to assess their current preferred ego state.
Identifying how certain words can generate a negative or positive response and how we can adapt our language to generate a more positive response.
Rapport Building Techniques
Kipling Questions - Communicating with clarity to help the other person filter information and get to the specifics
Essential Influencing Skills
The key elements that will help us influence others through communication and how to apply them.
The Principles of Persuasion